mardi 16 février 2010

The Pastor and His Son

The Pastor and His Son




"I can do all things through Him who Strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13



Every Sunday afternoon, after the morning

service at the church, the Pastor and his

eleven year old son would go out into their

town and hand out Gospel Tracts.

This particular Sunday afternoon, as it came

time for the Pastor and his son to go to the

streets with their tracts, it was very cold

outside, as well as pouring rain.



The boy bundled up in his warmest and driest

clothes and said, 'OK, dad, I'm ready.'

His Pastor dad asked, 'Ready for what?'

'Dad, it's time we gather our tracts together

and go out.'

Dad
responds, 'Son, it's very cold outside and

it's pouring rain.'

The boy gives his dad a surprised look,

asking, 'But Dad, aren't people still going to

Hell, even though it's raining?'

Dad answers, 'Son, I am not going out in this

weather.'

Despondently, the boy asks, 'Dad, can I go?

Please?'

His father hesitated for a moment then said,

'Son, you can go. Here are the tracts, be

careful son.'

'Thanks Dad!'

And with that, he was off and out into the

rain. This eleven year old boy walked the

streets of the town going door to door and

handing everybody he met in the street a

Gospel Tract .

After two hours of walking in the rain, he

was soaking, bone-chilled wet and down to

his VERY LAST TRACT. He stopped on a

corner and looked for someone to hand a

tract to, but the streets were totally

deserted.

Then he turned toward the first home he saw

and started up the sidewalk to the front

door and rang the door bell. He rang the

bell, but nobody answered.

He rang it again and again, but still no one

answered. He waited but still no answer.



Finally, this eleven year old trooper turned to



leave, but something stopped him.

Again, he turned to the door and rang the

bell and knocked loudly on the door with his

fist. He waited, something holding him there

on the front porch!

He rang again and this time the door slowly opened.

Standing in the doorway was a very sad-

looking elderly lady. She softly asked, 'What

can I do for you, son?' With radiant eyes

and a smile that lit up her world, this little

boy said, 'Ma'am, I'm sorry if I disturbed

you, but I just want to tell you that *

JESUS REALLY DOES LOVE YOU * and I

came to give you my very last Gospel Tract

which will tell you all about JESUS and His

great LOVE.'

With that, he handed her his last tract an

turned to leave..

She called to him as he departed. 'Thank

you, son! And God Bless You!'

Well, the following Sunday morning in church

Pastor Dad was in the pulpit. As the service

began, he asked, 'Does anybody have

testimony or want to say anything?'

Slowly, in the back row of the church, an

elderly lady stood to her feet.

As she began to speak, a look of glorious

radiance came from her face, 'No one in

this church knows me. I've never been here

before. You see, before last Sunday I was

not a Christian. My husband passed on some

time ago, leaving me totally alone in this

world. Last Sunday, being a particularly cold

and rainy day, it was even more so in my

heart that I came to the end of the line

where I no longer had any hope or will to live.

So I took a rope and a chair and ascended

the stairway into the attic of my home I

fastened the rope

securely to a rafter in the roof, then stood

on the chair and fastened the other end of

the rope around my neck. Standing on that

chair, so lonely and brokenhearted I was

about to leap off, when suddenly the loud

ringing of my doorbell downstairs startled

me. I thought, 'I'll wait a minute, and

whoever it is will go away.'

I waited and waited, but the ringing doorbell

seemed to get louder and more insistent, and

then the person ringing also started knocking

loudly..

I thought to myself again, 'Who on earth

could this be? Nobody ever rings my bell or



comes to see me.' I loosened the rope from



my neck and started for the front door, all

the while the bell rang louder and louder.

When I opened the door and looked I could

hardly believe my eyes, for there on my

front porch was the most radiant and angelic

little boy I had ever seen in my life. His

SMILE, oh, I could never describe it to you!

The words that came from his mouth


caused my heart that had long been dead, TO

LEAP TO LIFE as he exclaimed with a

cherub-like voice, 'Ma'am, I just came to

tell you that JESUS REALLY DOES LOVE

YOU .' Then he gave me this


Gospel Tract that I now hold in my hand.

As the little angel disappeared back out into

the cold and rain, I closed my door and read

slowly every word of this Gospel Tract. Then

I went up to my attic to get my rope and

chair. I wouldn't be needing them any more.

You see-- -I am now a Happy Child of the

KING. Since the address of your church was

on the back of this Gospel Tract, I have

come here to personally say THANK YOU to

God's little angel who came just in the nick

of time and by so doing, spared my soul

from an eternity in hell.'

There was not a dry eye in the church. And

as shouts of praise and honour to THE KING

resounded off the very rafters of the

building, Pastor Dad descended from the

pulpit to the front pew where the little


angel was seated....

He took his son in his arms and sobbed

uncontrollably.

Probably no church has had a more glorious

moment, and probably this universe has

never seen a Papa that was more filled with

love & honour for his son... Except for One.



Blessed are your eyes for reading this

message.

Don't let this message die, read it again and

pass it to others Heaven is for His people!


Remember, God's message CAN make the

difference in the life of someone close to

you.
Please share this wonderful message...

If you love JESUS, please forward this

message.
Spread His word, and share His goodness and

faithfulness.


Matthew 10:32 says:

'Whoever acknowledges Me before men, I will



acknowledge him before My Father in heaven.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire